Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shut-Up & Pray!!!

                                           SHUT-UP AND PRAY


I was having a discussion with my husband today like any other day. We were going back and forth on the politics of life and church and state and so on and so on. It's easy to just talk about these things or form a complaint, but it changes nothing!! All of a sudden I heard a booming thought in my mind, which i knew was the Holy Spirit....".Just pray"...... Really?  Could it be that simple? Then the scriptures came flooding through...you know the ones, like when Jesus turned the tables over in the temple and said
  • And He said to them, "It is written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER '; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN." Matthew 28:13
  • Isaiah 56:7..Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar ; For my house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."

 

These words are ringing through my spirit. Gods house shall be called a house of prayer. Let's break it down.
  •  I am the temple (house) for the living God. What should be flowing from me is prayer, sacrificial, supernatural, earth moving, aromatic prayer!
  • By doing anything other than that, i am allowing the enemy to come in and steal (robbers den) things like.... His will for His people, my peace, my blessing, miracles, prophecy etc.
  •  And I will do whatever you ask (pray) in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:13-14
I have to retrain my brain!! Complaining about the way something is, is what the enemy wants me to do, but praying about the situation is what God wants me to do! I know in the end, God's way is the best way. So for now, I'm going to practice being slow to speak, slow to anger, and quick to listen to what The Holy Spirit is telling me to pray.

Think about this....If God inhabits the praises of His people, what inhabits the complaints of his people? I think we know the answer to that question, and it's nothing good!

Marc and I will be starting a prayer/praise group at the beginning of April  to cover the needs of people, and the 7 mountains of Politics, Family, Media, Education, Arts and Entertainment, Church and Business.  If you would like to join us also, that would be great! Contact us at allove2jesus@gmail.com or marucussalmons@gmail.com for more information. I hope to see you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment